Environmental Health, and Safety Engineer
The Environmental Health, and Safety Engineer will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. We strive to work as one team toward our ultimate goal. This position requires the ability to be flexible, efficient, and communicative in order to contribute to our (you and the company’s) success.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Identify applicable compliance standards and evaluates the organization’s procedures, facilities and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and maintains and updates environmental policy and procedure manuals. Ensures compliance with and trains employees on all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Ensures the organization complies with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements and are prepared to follow safety procedures.
- Collects data and reports on all safety and accident events.
- Handling, labeling, storage and maintaining of hazmat and waste
- Outlines and implements training programs to educate and inform workforce on work safety, environmental safety, and accident prevention regulations and procedures.
- Develops and distributes educational materials including videos, guides, and posters.
- Tracks and documents accidents to understand causes and recommend changes to prevent future accidents.
- Performs inspections and audits of facilities, equipment and processes recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Coordinates, develops and evaluates security programs for an organization. Ensures programs are effective and identifies the need for additional resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of up-to-date environmental, health and safety regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; or minimum of 5 years experience in lieu of education
- 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, and crouch in order to access products.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to push/pull carts weighing between one hundred (100) to two hundred (200) pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground surfaces.
Wage Range: $70,000-$85,000 annual salary
Benefits: EcoGen BioSciences offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, and accident insurance. EcoGen BioSciences offers paid vacation and provides paid sick time. Additionally, EcoGen BioSciences provides basic life Insurance